Monday, September 17, 2012

Life Drawing Tool

Well well, I came across this useful tool while researching for my Interactive Media class:

Zygote Body

I'm using Google Chrome to view the link.  Zygote Body is a web app that uses HTML5 and WebGL, and shows the anatomy of the human body in 3D.  You can search for certain parts, too.  This would have been so damn handy to have while I was in Drawing and Anatomy.

What I like in particular is the muscle view.  As you move the slider you can see where different muscles fit into others, or where they attach to the bone.  This gives you a better understanding of what muscles tuck in where, which greatly helps with drawing the human body accurately.

Drawing and Anatomy was my favorite life drawing class.  Knowing your muscles and understanding how they work definitely gave me an edge in drawing figures to look more realistic.  It helped me think in volume rather than just outlines and shades.



Life drawing has always held my interest, and I'm happy to have this web app around for reference. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment