Thursday, December 27, 2012

Sculptures Completed!

Yay! The monsters from Phone Case of the Month are done :)

From left to right, we have Anita Beer, Tommy Gun, Astronot, Fred, Chris Cross, and Dr. Hanky.

They look kinda rough, and still have my finger prints on them. But I am satisfied with the final result. Acrylic paint was used, which I love working with. I ran out of white though, so I substituted with gouache white (what a pain in my ass). Must remember to get more acrylic white!

Anita Beer was the easiest, Fred and Tommy Gun came out the best in my opinion.  Astronot was the most difficult, followed by Dr. Hanky.  Astronot's feet are supposed to be small and cute, but there was no way I could support his big head with such small feet as the base.  So I took some artistic license and gave him bigger feet (hope you don't mind +Andria Smith :).  Dr. Hanky was fun to do, especially his tongue (that sounds so weird, lol) but his glasses kicked my ass from start to finish!  His coloring came out a little too saturated also, but I gave in.

I really dig sculpting, I get so lost in it. I'll have to do it more often as a hobby/therapy.

Check out the home of these lil monsters at http://www.phonecaseofthemonth.com :D

No comments:

Post a Comment