Thursday, April 4, 2013

Some Random Dude Said This

No, really.  Some Random Dude has some good things to say.  This tip is my favorite:


"Design everything you do".  I've had this in my head before, but I don't practice it as nearly often as I should.  I do worry quite a bit on how I am perceived.  Sometimes I care enough to execute this concept, and sometimes I don't.  

In a professional setting, I have no trouble abiding by this tip.  Attention to detail is something I take pride in, professionally.  In a personal setting is where I lack.  As I sit at Starbucks typing this away, I'm people watching.  I'm looking at how people are dressed, and admiring the men and women that are well put together.  Some are on break from work, most are just enjoying the day and still looking their best for their coffee run.  Meanwhile, I'm in a booth with jeans, a tshirt, flip flops, and no makeup.  Thank goodness my toenails are painted...

My physical appearance is probably the biggest opportunity to work on.  If I want attention all I have to do is look/dress the part, and the compliments come flying in.  However, I don't usually want the attention on a daily basis, only when I think it's necessary to obtain something or when the occassion calls for it.  Otherwise, I'll do the minimum when it comes to makeup on my face, and the clothes I wear.

Working in a salon really taught me the importance of physical appearance and beauty.  Like it or not, you are judged by anyone and everyone, so put your best forward at all times.  It's something I still struggle with, but that tip above really caught my attention.

Yet another way for me to refine myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment