Saturday, November 10, 2012

November Appreciation: Days 8-10

So it continues, my attempts to show what I am thankful for.

Day 8:  Co-workers

Let me paint the picture for you.  Most of my time is spent at work, my job.  I work over 40 hours a week almost always.  This rings true for most people working for the sake of money, at a job, not their chosen career.  It's not so bad, but what helps me get through the same ol' stuff are my co-workers.  I already spend so much time here, it's natural to form bonds with the people around you at work.  They keep me laughing, they offer great conversation, and they listen to me bitch (a lot).  So thanks to my lovely co-workers, work husband and work wife ;)

Day 9:  Pet Names

I love pet names, they make me feel special, cute, and cuddly!  I'm 29 years old and my father still calls me "princess" or "child" (my alltime favorites).  My mom has so many pet names for me it's pointless to list, but I'll respond to them all.  Among the favorites from my mom are "corazón", "muñeca" or the simple/classic "niña".  The funniest ones refer to my halfbreed status, when my cousin calls me "Casper" (because I'm his only white cousin) or "burrito" (beaner on the inside, white on the outside).  Sounds kind of mean, but that's how we show our love.  If you've ever given me a special pet name, thanks for making me feel loved!

Day 10:  Music

Who isn't thankful for this?  It's such a broad subject, so I'm refering to the music I listen to.  I suppose I'll get more specific and mention other aspects of music as the month goes by.  There's so many genres that I like, I love paying attention to lyrics, and I like the different emotions music evokes.  I listen to it in the car, at work, at home, set it as background noise, or sing along to it.  Lately, I've been stuck on the band "Keane" :)  Music is definitely something I try not to take for granted.

I'm digging on this train of thoughts.  As I walk around, I'm more aware of what I'm thankful for, and I decide what I'll be writing about for the day.  I have yet to post the sketches, but I'll go back and do so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment