Wednesday, November 7, 2012

November Appreciation: Days 1-7

Many people on Facebook or Twitter are posting something they're thankful for each day in November.  I've seen this done in the past, but never participated.  So this year, I'm gonna do the same in this blog.  Hopefully I'll incorporate lil sketches to go along with these.

Of course, my procrastinating ass is already 7 days behind.  Better late than never, though :)  Here are the days I missed, and what I'm thankful for.

Day 1:  Health

I'm thankful for my health in general.  Even though I have a long way to go, I still appreciate and love my body.  It's the only one I have, and when I see people with serious ailments or disabilities it puts my stress and issues into perspective.  There are people that have it so much harder than I do, and they manage much better than I do!  I thank those people for inspiring me to better myself and teaching me to appreciate what I have to work with.

Day 2:  Tea

I drink this stuff every day, and it sure beats water when I want some flavor or sweetness.  Tea helped me break my soda habit, too.  I was always drinking soda as my first beverage of choice, never anything remotely good for me such as juice or water.  As I replaced soda with tea, I reaped the health benefits, and it helped me consume more water as well.  Now I use tea as a pick-me-up, on a physical and mental level.  The stuff just makes me feel good!

Day 3:  Daylight Savings

One extra hour of sleep is always good to me.

Day 4:  Sushi

It can get expensive, but it's definitely my preferred way to eat fish / seafood.  I could consume this daily and not get tired of it.  This food also makes me feel good, and it usually results in a satisfying sushi coma.

Day 5:  Soup

Canned or fresh, ramen or stew, I love soup all year round.  Yes, even in the blazing summer heat, I will eat soup.  It's so nostalgic for me, just like tea, so I always feel better after eating it.

Day 6:  Voting

It's our civil right that people fought and died for, so I am very thankful for this.  Some people think it doesn't make a difference, or it's a pain in the ass to wait in line to vote.  It's a freedom we have, why not exercise it just because you simply can?  Don't get caught up in the complications, just vote because you can.  This is one way you can show your American "arrogance" in an acceptable manner :)

Day 7:  Freedom of Speech

In particular, I'm referring to people voicing their opinions through various channels.  It's important for me to absorb people's opinions objectively, whether I agree or not.  For the election yesterday, I specifically avoided Facebook because I didn't want to see everyone's (negative) opinions on the candidates.  Twitter seemed to be a lil easier to stomach, which I think is due to the character constraint in the tweets.  Short and sweet!  I thank everyone for standing on their soapbox and having the courage to shout out their views.

Ah, all caught up :).  I'm sure I'll fall behind again, but it's not from a lack of interest.  Quite the opposite, actually.  I want to express the various facets of life that I appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment